Monday, March 24, 2008

Distorted Thoughts: Episode II

Long after the fire died out, the ashes held the story of the warmth of the night. I did not know whether to let it linger on in me for awhile or to let the early morning dewdrops descend on my brows; to let the warmth of the ashes die in my tryst with the in vigor.

**** **** **** **** ****

I refused the wind’s assistance, I refused its impediment. The wind smiled at my repudiation to the dreams of the spring and the memories of the winter. Little did I know that it was I who was hugging the wind and stepping in its current.

**** **** **** **** ****

I would not make that call to her. She would not wait. And the nights would pass. But we would still remember the day we made the last call.

**** **** **** **** ****

She tells me that she cannot give me tomorrow. Well, isn’t it enough to pencil my tomorrow?

**** **** **** **** ****

I always wrote in love, I always wrote when I fell out of it. My friend, I always wrote.

**** **** **** **** ****

I drew an arc in the night sky and my beloved’s stars stringed its ends. And while we lay completing each other’s circle, the dawn announced its advent.

**** **** **** **** ****

Why does it pain the most when the wound is the least visible?

**** **** **** **** ****

Take me away, to the life that I could never live. Bring me back to myself.

**** **** **** **** ****

I gazed at the lines of my palms and wondered how they held my narrative. This thought remained until I met a man coming from the war who had his arms amputated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure I will always remember when we spoke last