Monday, October 22, 2007

Where Pain Sinks In

(In the company of my friend, Powai Lake)

The small ripples on the silent lake
Breathed out in the dark,
I lay in my rock-stance by its side,
Untouched by the lights of the distance
And the reins of beckoning.

What it hath given me, I surmise not.
It hid my reflection in its dark waters,
And when I cried, its breath wiped
The tears for me to look at the
Lines of my palm?

I threw a nugget and waited
For it to hit the bottom.
When no sound came, I asked,
“Can you take the world in you?”
My words sunk in and with it my
Infinity.

How many more infinities would I breach
Till I stop throwing that pebble?
I looked at my palm,
But the dust of the pebble held
Blurred the story of what will be.

I looked at the distant lights and
Held one neon between my fingertips.
Its reflection, I could see
Played with the ripples and
Did not sink in.


Often I envisage

What good is a mirror that cannot absorb?
What good is a mirror that emulates you?

No comments: